Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the developer for Park East Condominiums?
A&S Homes, a part of the A&S Group of Companies, is the developer. With over 40 years of building experience, A&S is recognized as one of Winnipeg’s finest condominium developers.
How many homes are planned for Park East Condominiums?
There will be 20 luxury condominium units. Each unit will be on the lake and built with a walk-out lower level.
Where is Park East Condominiums located?
Winnipeg’s newest and most popular neighbourhood located in Southwest Winnipeg. Plans for a town centre are underway to give neighbours and families a place to gather, and to provide access to all the wonderful amenities that this new neighbourhood will offer. Built between the four Bridgwater Neighbourhoods, Bridgwater Centre will feature a unique blend of commercial, residential, retail and office spaces, and will be designed for pedestrians wishing to enjoy a stroll to the nearby shops and services. Bridgwater Centre will be the spot everyone wants to go for shopping and socializing in the neighbourhood.
What features make Park East Condominiums superior?
Floor plans that work! The combined efforts of experienced architects working with award winning designers, as well as feedback from past condominium purchasers, have led to floor plans that are functional, stylish and very livable.
Other standard features include:
- Piled foundation under the entire structure
- Engineered open web wood floor joists – a sturdier, straighter and quieter floor than standard dimensional floor systems & other engineered floor systems
- Energy efficient R 50 insulation in the attic and R 20+ insulation in the exterior walls
- High efficiency dual pane, low E argon filled windows with a 3.9 R factor – 20% more efficient than standard triple pane
- 60 gallon 100% efficient electric hot water tank
- 100% energy efficient electric furnace
- HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilation)
- Delta MS basement wrap
- Attached garages with extended concrete driveways
- Wood structural basement floor
- Soaring vaulted foyer ceilings
- 9ft ceiling height throughout the main floor
- Pot lights accompanied with designer selected lighting fixtures
- Enhanced exterior materials (Veneer stone cladding complemented by composite siding) with an abundance of oversized windows
- Central air conditioning
- Customized bedroom layout configurations and lower level development options
- Decks and covered patios
- Maple stained cabinetry and chrome spindled staircases
- 4” baseboards and 3” casings throughout
- Kitchen islands with extended bar tops
How effective is the sound proofing between units?
Park East Condominiums uses one of the most effective sound proofing systems of any condominium development in Winnipeg, with consistent sound transmission co-efficiency (STC) of 66 – 3 times greater than the building code of 50 STC.
As a comparison:
- A concrete block wall has a rating of 50 STC
- A solid concrete wall has a rating of 52 STC
- A standard double wall system has an average rating of 54 STC
- The Park East wall system has a rating of 66 STC
How fireproof are the Park East Condominiums?
Because of the superior wall systems between the units, Park East has a 2 hour fire rating (greater than that of a concrete block wall) and double the fire rating of a standard double wall system.
How will the condominium units be heated and cooled?
- 100% efficient electric furnaces with fresh air intakes are the standard
- Central air conditioning is included with every unit
- HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilation)
How will the exterior be finished?
- Veneer stone cladding front detailing
- Composite siding and prefinished wood enhanced trim
- Decorative vents and sunbursts
- Window trim, soffits and fascia in a maintenance free finish
- High pitched roof with 30 year shingles
- Steel insulated front doors with sidelights and transom windows
- Insulate steel sectional garage door
- Concrete driveways and sidewalks
Is the deck and fence included?
Every unit comes complete with vinyl floor decking featuring 36” metal and glass rail over a structural wood base, plus an additional concrete block patio underneath the main floor deck.
Every unit also includes prefinished metal fencing, enclosing each individual yard with gate access to the lake front walkway
How are the interiors finished?
- Large windows throughout
- Custom cabinetry
- Chrome spindled staircases
- Open concept kitchen complete with island breakfast bar
- Two, three or four bedroom plans
- Two full bathrooms and main level powder room
- Fully finished lower level options available
- Park East Condominium purchasers will be able to choose from an array of professionally selected décor packages with designer flooring, cabinetry, paint and finishing combinations
How will the site be finished?
- Extensive plantings of trees and shrubs throughout the grounds as planned by the landscape architect
- Fences and professional designed walkways allowing private lake access
- Pre-finished metal fencing enclosing each individual yard with gate access to the lakefront walkway
- Front and rear yards complete with underground sprinkler system
Where can visitors park?
Visitors can park on the extended private driveways or on Park East Drive.
Where is the mail delivered?
Canada Post has installed a central mail box. Owners will be able to obtain their key(s) from the Canada Post Office.
Who looks after the disposal of garbage and recycling?
The City of Winnipeg will provide curbside removal of your garbage and recycling.
Is Park East Condominiums age restricted?
People of any age can move into Park East Condominiums.
What type of insurance is needed for a condominium?
Home insurance specific to condominiums is readily available. Contact your insurance broker or refer to the property manager for further details.
What is the common element?
Common property or common element is everything other than the interior of the units. Exclusive use common elements would include such items as driveways and decks.
What will the monthly condominium fee be and what do they cover?
The monthly condominium fee at Park East Condominiums will be approximately $164/month. The condominium fee will cover the cost of services such as snow clearing, yard care, exterior maintenance, and property management.
Hydro, electricity and water are individually metered and billed to the homeowner. Telephone, television and internet services are also the responsibility of the home owner.
What are the estimated property taxes for Park East Condominiums?
Property taxes are based on the assessed value of your home. The City of Winnipeg estimates the net property taxes will be approximately $3,500 – $4,500 per year.